IIoT / EPC / IPC / SBC – Our Primary Market Focus
With over a quarter century history in PC Audio and Embedded Systems, Tempo traces its technological and management roots to the founding days of SigmaTel (founded in Austin, Texas in 1993) to the PC Audio Division of IDT (formed in 2006).
Today, Tempo (founded in 2014) continues it’s rich legacy by continuing to provide a truly comprehensive audio solution portfolio to the Industrial Internet of Things, Embedded PCs, Industrial / Ruggedized PCs, and Single Board Computer markets, with the same value propositions that put Tempo where it is today:
- Readily available & regularly maintained documentation
- Worldwide distribution of regularly stocked products
- Uncompromising & professional customer support
- Extended temperature rated product offerings
- Unparalleled quality assurance & reliability (< 1 in 0.75B units shipped to date)
- Comprehensive ALSA driver support for all of our codecs (HD Audio, AC’97 and I2S)
- Complimentary & Confidential Schematic review
- Complimentary & Confidential PCB Layout review
- 24-hour system customized Verb Table file generation for Windows-based systems (after schematic review has been performed)
- Product life cycles that other audio codec vendors simply will never consider committing to
- For example, we are still selling the STAC92xx series 20 years after its initial tape-out and we still have no plan to discontinue it for the foreseeable future
- A compelling audio product roadmap from a company that is FOCUSED EXCLUSIVELY on audio devices & turn-key solutions
- Unlike other companies that focus on “the next big market” leaving customers stranded or facing the agony of a sudden EOL notice, Tempo is COMMITTED to the audio devices market and wants to be your LONG-TERM partner
- And of course, market competitive pricing to match our market competitive product features & performance
All of this sums up to making Tempo the premier choice of some of the biggest names in the IIoT / EPC / IPC / SBC markets.
A Reliable Supply of HD Audio and AC’97 Codecs from a Reliable Vendor
For years, highly respected OEMs like ADLINK, Advantech, AAEON, GE Healthcare, Hitachi, KONTRON, NEC, OMRON, Portwell, Ricoh, Schneider Electric, Sharp, Siemens, Toshiba, & many others have trusted Tempo to be their preferred audio solution provider.
Highly Efficient Audio Amplification
At the heart of all Tempo audio solutions, is our high-fidelity, ultra-low power semiconductor IP technology that has the capability to change the “fidelity” to “power” quotient across the industry. These range from Class-H headphone amplifiers / Line Drivers as well as stand-alone or integrated stereo / mono speaker amplifiers with the highly efficient DDX™ ternary modulation technology, supporting up to 3W / channel, all within packages as small as 5x5mm. Thermal flow is already a factor in your designs – Tempo helps by not adding to the problem.
Regardless if your CPU interface is HD Audio (x86 / x64), AC’97 (x86), or I2S (x86 / x64 / ARM / MIPS / FPGA), Tempo is well-positioned and focused to service all these markets.
Consumer Desktop PCs, Tablets & Laptops – Added Value Differentiation
Having shipped hundreds of millions of units to some of the biggest names in the consumer PC arena for decades, Tempo understands what it takes to compete in this highly competitive market.
In addition to supporting some of the most popular audio enhancement standards such as Dolby, Xperi (DTS, SRS Labs), and Waves; Tempo has also developed a variety of royalty-free audio enhancement algorithms that run on the PC in SW. These include, but are not limited to, multiband Parametric EQ, Wideband DRC / Expander / Limiter (necessary to ensure speaker drivers always remain in the Safe Operating Area), Tone Control, Loudness Contour, Tempo Bass™ psychoacoustic enhancement, High-Frequency Content Restoration, Mic Beamforming, Noise Suppression, and Tempo 3D Surround™ that can be tuned by the OEM or ISV to produce a truly compelling, yet royalty-free, immersive audio experience.